Westchester Library Association (WLA) respects the privacy of all its members. This policy guides how WLA uses personal information collected on membership application forms, conference registration forms, and through the WLA website.
WLA does not sell or share the personal information members provide.
The personal information we collect will help us in the following ways:
- designing programs, workshops, and other library-related events
- communicating library-related professional events to members
- mailing and/or emailing membership renewal reminders
- identifying members when they register for library-related events sponsored and/or hosted by WLA at the discounted member rates
Personal information collected is held in an electronic database and/or a print file.
- Membership Committee and Public Relations Committee have access to the personal information collected on membership forms.
- WLA Conference Committees and Public Relations Committee have access to the personal information collected on conference registration forms.
- The Web Administration Committee has access to personal information collected on the WLA website.
When required or permitted by law, WLA will disclose personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, and other lawful requests.
If required, we may disclose personal information to our accountants, auditors, and lawyers in order to enforce or protect our rights as a non-profit organization.
Not providing personal information we request may result in limiting us from providing all the services available to members.
Approved by the WLA Executive Board, September 19, 2007.